Tuesday, November 11, 2008

10/23 to 11/08/2008 - Life is sweet in the RV at Cochise



We had two weeks in the Cougar at Cochise. This is plenty of time to experience what life is like in the fifth wheel. Our verdict is that life in the trailer is pretty dang nice!



There are many reasons we arrived at this conclusion. First, the fully stocked kitchen. This enables us to make some sweet meals (e.g., lasagna), bake cookies (this was done most nights!), access water easily (at least Pente finds this to be a really big plus). ability to bake cookies was big one for Dave.



Some of the other comforts the trailer offers are priceless. Perhaps our favorite is the full size enclosed shower with a skylight (no photos - haha). And it almost goes without saying that an indoor toilet is always a good thing.



The trailer also allows some nice entertainment opportunities. We enjoyed movie night. BTW, we watched "Who Killed the Electric Car." What a great movie! If you've not seen it, we both recommend it highly. Aside from movies, the stereo (to which the movie screen is connected) is great. I found an NPR station while in Cochise so I could get my fill of news given I'm a news junkie. The best part was listening to the election returns. At that moment, I must admit I wished we were in the streets of DC celebrating! And of course, the trailer offers many good places to read - the bed, the dining room or the couch.



Aside from the fun stuff, the trailer has a practical side. Dave conducted multiple business meeting via phone while there. I also engaged in a dissertation defense and a job interview while in the trailer. Very convenient!

We put the trailer into storage yesterday and I have to admit I was a bit sad. Too bad the season is over already. I look forward to getting it out again in the spring and hitting the road.


Free Blog Counter


No comments: