Sunday, July 27, 2008

7/27/2008 - More biking fun!

We've had a fun week though Dave has been working quite a bit. During his free time, we've been climbing and riding. Thought I'd highlight one of each outing. We went into Boulder Canyon and climbed at Dream Canyon a couple of days ago. This area has a lot of fun climbing and it is relatively isolated. It is quiet except for the creek below. No car sounds. No screaming beginning climbers. Just a nice time climbing. I'd heard of the reputation of Dream Canyon - gay hook-up area. I thought maybe that was an older reputation, but our trip there the other day proved differently. As Dave and I were climbing, I notice a completely naked grown male (except for tennies - he must have had sensitive feet) watching us climb. And, uh, well, I guess he REALLY liked how we climbed.

Gack.

We finished our route and got the heck out of there. Freak! I so wished I had a camera to take a photo for here (with the appropriate small black bar). Perhaps it's one of those times where it was best I didn't have a camera. :) Maybe I should draw a cartoon? haha!



Today we got up early and drove to Lefthand Canyon. We then hopped on the road bikes and rode to Lyons, Riverside, Raymond and Ward, Colorado. In Lyons, Dave revealed the secret to his non-stop stamina.



Part of this ride goes on the Peak-to-PeakHighway which has really beautiful views and moderate traffic. Dave grabbed a photo of me at one of the many crests on the ride. Check out the beautiful scenery behind me! Wow.



We stopped in the fun little store in Raymond and enjoyed a drink. It's a beautiful little area.




I finally got a photo of Dave riding toward me on the road bike. This is rare since he's always in front. I took advantage of his pitstop to race ahead and get a shot of him riding near Raymond, Co.

Ward is a funky little place. We especially like someone's house - a bus. Whoever lives there has an unusual yard decoration style that involved shoes, croquet mallets and other assorted essentials.



At Ward, we enjoyed a cookie before heading down Lefthand Canyon back to the car. It was about a 50 mile round trip with a decent amount of elevation gain. We were home by 1 pm and spent the rest of the prepping for our next trip to the Sierras. Our plans are a bit in flux since a large fire just broke out near Yosemite and very near our planned first stop of the trip (Tuolumne Meadows). We'll watch the news to see if we end up somewhere completely different. Either way, we leave Tuesday for two weeks of extreme leisure baron living!



No comments: