Tuesday, March 1, 2016

01_06 to 11_2016 Mexico!! Part III

Dave got me some photos from our January Mexico trip so I thought I'd share them here.

We have some other blogs we need to get up - maybe I'll get those shared soon.

First up is a Stripe-Headed Sparrow
Oh man!  A vireo is next. What kind?  I'm the worst with vireos. Anyone help me out here?
Chacalaca. These birds are pretty big. It's like looking up in your tree and seeing a stealthy chicken running around. They have to be stealthy since people like to eat them.
Orange Fronted Parrotlet. These were flying around everywhere squawking.
Citreoline Trogon! I had hoped we see a trogon. We got lucky and saw several of these (lifer birds for us), but some Elegant Trogons as well.
Ringed-Kingfisher
Cool little crab hanging out on a rock on the beach.
Brown Pelican. So awkward on land, so elegant on the wing.
Lots of these large reptiles running around. I even got to see one hop in the resort pool and swim to the island! He was fast!
Lots of beautiful Rufous Backed Robins!
The crazy looking Golden-Cheeked Woodpecker
Female Western Tanager enjoying a winter vacation in Mexico with her family.
Tropical Kingbird
Sleepy Great Kiskadee
Elegant Trogon
Neotropic Cormorant. Notice the beautiful blue eyes!
Cordilleran Flycatcher
Grey Saltator
Military Macaw
 black-Throated Magpie Jay. These are really long, elegant birds. I really enjoyed seeing the bird featured on the cover of the bird guide!
Little Green Heron
Another tree chicken (as some call them)
These guys are really fun to watch.

No comments: