Monday, June 8, 2015

06_05 to 06_2015 Shelf Road with Michelle Kranz

Not much of me in these blog posts these days. :(  I work way too much. Maybe a lot of people say that, but I really do - and I'm going to pop if something doesn't change. Happily, Michelle asked me to head to Shelf Road this past weekend. I said yes and off we went. We headed down on Saturday morning to find pretty darn great weather, and almost no other climbers. Pretty dreamy!

We did not get many photos at all - given it was just two of us they would have been butt shots so that is just as good that we did not. :)
After a full day of fun climbing, we headed down to our campsite. As we were settling in, our camping neighbors walked up. To my surprise, Christine Martell, a colleague was camping right next to us with her children, husband and friends. Good to see her  out there.
Michelle and I hung out, had dinner and was sad that we'd not thought to bring margaritas for the evening. 
After a good night of sleep, we headed back to Cactus Cliff and got in many good climbs again. My favorite was the final climb of the day which was at The Vault. As we were climbing it, the weather turned, and the thunder started. We packed up as fast as we could and hiked the mile out in the rain.

The drive home was fun and overall the weekend was a great success. I totally need to do this more often!

No comments: