Wednesday, December 25, 2013

12_25_2013 Christmas Day

Christmas morning so we took our standard Christmas morning photos. The nosy cat is in the photos of course. The assortment of boxes has been almost more than she could take!
Dave and Pente pre-opening.
First opened was a cat toy sent from my mom.  It proved to be another winner of a toy!  Pente approached it cautiously at first wondering what the spinning mouse inside was doing. I didn't get it with the camera, but this caused a 'straight-in-the-air' jump!
After it made her jump (and us laugh) she continued to investigate this thing.
Typical cat...circling it seemed important.
And soon it started getting smacked. The paws were inside trying to stop the mouse from running in circles.
Paw attack!
The rolling then commenced....
She was beside herself with this toy. Lots of fun to watch her!
First opened for humans was my 2013 stamps. Thanks mom and dad!
Dave opened his balaclava.  Great gift mom and dad. It has wind-stopper yet allows the wearer to breath (which many fail to do).
Ah, a spider from October makes an appearance!  It didn't look like shipping it moved the thing at all!
A hat  from mom and dad which morphed in a bit into an amazing cat toy.
Some keurig inserts from mom and dad.
The spider must be stopped!
Dave is investigating a gift from my mom and dad...
That gift turned out to be a t-shirt from my mom and dad which he'll enjoy.
The hat meanwhile took a brutal and long-lived attack by the cat. Evidently, it appeared to have blue mice on it.
Modern Family episodes from mom and dad. We'll watch those. Excellent series!
Mom and Dad gave Dave a bird call.
This item also serves as a cat call. Pente was very interested in the bird call.
Dave with the bird call...
A t-shirt for me from mom and dad....
Rachel, my sister sent some slippers - thanks!
Dave gave me some jeans (to be purchased). It's time. The two I have are both in bad shape. Sad.
Mom and dad sent Dave a nice gift card from REI. That'll get used no doubt!

I bought Dave a new sweater with the neck line he likes.
I think Christmas is made for cats. SO many boxes to investigate. Here Pente is scratching inside of this box. Weirdo!
Then Dave opened a hand warmer from my parents...
I snatched it away and IT'S MINE!
I bought it, but it's really something we both can use...a Nutribullet. He'd been ogling some very expensive similar machine. This should do the trick. We attempted a kale drink this morning. The verdict is that kale in a drink is nasty! Bleck!  :)  Better as chips!
Dave got me a set of interval training bike videos. I think he'd grown tired of the two free ones I'd been using on youtube. These are great!
I got Dave a solar charger. He can use it while out in the back country. It is a neat gadget that can charge a variety of things - phone, IPOD, etc.
Dave in the aftermath pile!  Pente is in the somewhere too. Merry Christmas!

No comments: