Tuesday, August 21, 2012

07_21_2012 Bike Riding - Loveland Pass

What a great day to ride Mt. Evans. If you recall, we planned to do so last year. We pack the car. Got the bikes prepped. Got to bed early. Got up early and drove out...to discover it was race day on Mt. Evans. DOH!
It resulted in a fun ride up Trail Ridge Road from Granby to the top. Great time. Today would be different! We would ride. But a few miles on I-70 after prepping, and getting up early, Dave wonders aloud "when is race day this year?" I pull out the droid and confirm: it was this day. NO! Totally slimed again! So, we quickly change plans.
Dave recalls a new trail segment that would allow a fun ride up to Loveland Pass. We got out of the car and headed out. The new trail was awesome. Smooth. No cars. Few people at all.
Unfortunately, my heart told me pretty early on it would have none of this foolishness. It hadn't been this bad in over a year. Disappointing in many ways, but it was best I turn around. Boo. Dave continued up and over Loveland Pass.
He headed down to Arapaho Basin ski area (see photos of it with actual skiers during the Bike Tour I went on last year). Then he rode back up to Loveland, over and down to the car.
I slept in the Matrix. Or maybe it was a coma. Felt more like a coma. Stopped at a cool like cafe on the way home.
Fun day outing!
Free Blog Counter

No comments: