Tuesday, May 11, 2010

05_01 to 05_2010 Las Vegas, heat and a pool


The cold will not stop here in Boulder. In a state of panic, I booked a flight to go to Vegas. Not to climb (not able to yet). Not to gamble (bleck). My goal was simple: to get warm.

And it worked! I was warm for one of the first time in two years. And I got a bit of a tan. I spent my time lounging by the pool and grading papers. Dave came out too and stayed longer - his goal was to climb (blogs coming soon on that).

We stayed at the Dogfather's new house in Summerlin. Great fun! I was so busy being lazy (while not working everyday) that I failed to take many photos. By that, I mean I took exactly two photos. Can't believe I fouled that up. No photos of Dogfather. No photos of his Great Dane. None of Jennifer. Or John. Or even Dave.

The two I did take are cool though. At Jennifer's house, they have experienced a number of window strikes by birds. As the poor bird hits the glass, feather dust is transferred to the
window. Check out the perfect impression of mourning doves. (No doves were injured). One can see the nostrils and even details on the feathers. Pretty amazing.

I returned to Boulder to teach the last class of the semester (yay). The morning after I arrived home, I woke up to 37 degree weather and two inches of snow on the ground. I really miss Vegas.





Free Blog Counter


No comments: